Your recycled part shall be covered by this limited warranty, unless specifically excluded in writing at the time of sale.
This warranty applies to original purchaser of the part for 90 days unless otherwise stated, if an extended warranty is purchased. Extended warranty is available as an additional purchase. Sheet metal has a limited one-year warranty for corrosion.
If any defect is discovered during the warranty period, Liberty Auto Salvage must be notified immediately. Any repairs or work performed must be authorized before work is started. Any repair (including but not limited to removing the part) that is initiated without authorization will void the warranty. Transportation expenses on parts that are being returned are excluded from the warranty. Liberty Auto Salvage reserves the rights to repair, replace or refund the purchase price of any part at their discretion.
Any improper use or abuse, including but not limited to racing, pulling, overheating or low oil in engines or transmissions, neglect, careless handling or damage resulting from improper installation, modification or repair will void this warranty. Existing problems with the vehicle that will cause damage to the recycled part will also void the warranty.
Labor cost for removing and replacing the part or transferring parts from the original part to the replacement part is excluded from this warranty unless a labor warranty is purchased at the time of sale. Labor warranty payout is ONE TIME only. An additional labor warranty can be purchased at the time of part replacement.
The warranty period on any part starts at the time of sale, not upon installation. The liability and obligation of Liberty Auto Salvage under this warranty shall not include any inconvenience, transportation, towing, downtime, direct, indirect or consequential damage or delay resulting from any defect. This warranty is in lieu of any warranty expressed or implied.
Engine Warranty Requirements:
- Replace timing belt, all external seals including but not limited to crank seals, cam seals, pan gasket, intake gaskets and valve cover gaskets.
- Transfer all accessories from the original engine to the recycled engine.
- Install new water pump.
- Clean out intake and look into the intake and exhaust ports for any loose nuts or bolts etc. (debris can end up inside of the cylinder, causing damage. It is the sole responsibility of the installer. Debris can get caught inside the intake from a failed engine, causing subsequent failure of the replacement.)
- Check cooling system for leaks and install a new thermostat.
- Antifreeze should be a 50/50 mix.
- Oil and filter must be replaced prior to start up and every 3,000 miles or as required by manufacturer.
Engines are guaranteed not to knock, smoke excessively or use excessive oil (check manufacturer’s specification for allowed oil consumption). Cylinder block, head, pistons, crank valves and other internal lubricated parts are covered under this warranty.
Parts not covered are intake manifold, exhaust manifold, water pump, injectors, hoses, brackets, wiring harnesses, etc.
Transmission Warranty Requirements:
- Replace all external seals, gaskets and filters.
- Flush cooling system per manufacturer requirement and/or replace radiator
- TSB and or replace cooler if called for by manufacturer or you are unable to flush correctly.
- Fill transmission with fluid recommended by the manufacturer.
This recycled OEM part was provided by a professional automotive recycler that participates in the ARA Gold Seal Certified Automotive Recyclers program, and therefore agrees to abide by the program’s code of ethics. If you feel that this company has failed to deliver our promise or you are not satisfied with your product, please call the Automotive Recyclers Association hotline with your concerns at 888-385-1005.